04 Jun What’s in the Box?
Posted at 20:06h in Groms, Ride Reports, TAT2018
Finally! It’s taken months of prep to get to this stage and the ADV Groms are now ready to ship. We’ll write up a full packing list at some point and there’s plenty of video for me to edit.
The approx (bathroom scale) weight stats as follows;
- Bike (no fuel) 102 kg / 225 lbs
- Tools & Spares 2 kg / 4 lbs
- All Camping Gear / Tech 18 kg / 40 lbs
- 0.5 litres stove fuel 0.5 kg / 1 lb
- 5.5 litres fuel 4.5 kg / 10 lbs
- 3 litres Water 3 kg / 6.5 lbs
- 3.5 litres fuel bag 3 kg / 6.5 lbs
Fully Loaded Bike 133 kg / 293 lbs
Riding gear is 7 kg (15 lbs)… That seems a lot for vented summer gear!
Vicki has 4 kg (9 lbs) less gear but she’ll be carrying food and we’ll only carry extra fuel when needed.
Next stop for the Groms… NEW YORK CITY!